When painting your landed home, there are a few factors that painters like me consider before providing a costing.
Following are some points i take into consideration to provide a price point.
- Existing surface’s condition: Proper surface preparation is crucial before painting. We need to inspect the walls for any cracks, holes, or peeling paint and repair them as necessary. We will need to clean the surfaces to remove dust, dirt, and grease with jet washing to make sure the surface is ready for paint application
- Type of paint selected: There are not a few types of exterior and interior paint to considered before knowing how much material will cost to get your landed home interior and exterior repainted. Considering factors such as durability, weather resistance, and ease of maintenance when selecting paint types.
- Colour Selection: 1 colour white will be cheaper then having multiple colours all around the house. More colours means more work needed and time needed to get all the colours up.
- Protection and Preparation: Prior to painting, protect areas that are not intended to be painted, such as windows, doors, and fixtures, by covering them with plastic sheets or painter’s tape. Remove or cover furniture and belongings to prevent any accidental paint splatters or damage.
- Height Access: This is a key consideration point for landed homes repainting. Should we use timber scaffolding, metal scaffolding or a simple mobile scaffolding will get the job done. This will determine a large chunk of the price point that will be quoted.
Now lets looks at a general price point to get different landed homes painted without height access
- Inter Terrace Home: Interior $3000, Exterior $3000
- Corner Terrace Home: Interior $3500, Exterior $4000
- Semi Detached Home: Interior $4000, Exterior $4500
- Detached Home: Interior $5000, Exterior $5500
- Bungalows/Good Class Bungalows: Interior $6000, Exterior $8000 or more.
To add in height access pricing will varies based on layout of your landed home and a professional painter will do a onsite survey to access what is the best height access needed to get the job done safely and professionally.
This is a general guide on how much it cost to paint a landed home in Singapore and can varies with different painting companies.
If you are looking for a direct painting contractor and look at different paint packages you can visit